Can't part with favourite t-shirts the kiddos have outgrown? Make them into throw pillows! It extends the life of the shirt and they will be thrilled to have their fave garment around to cuddle (at least my two boys were).
Here's a brief run down of the process. Cut the front and back of the t-shirt to be at least an inch bigger on each side than the pillow or filling you are using.
A friend suggested I use fusible interfacing on the back of each piece to make them easier to sew, if you don't do this you need a special sewing machine needle for stretch fabrics. Super easy, cut to size and iron it on...worked like a charm. I made my pillow covers zippered so I could remove them easily. I won't give you full sewing tutorial because I use this one, it's fantastic.
Smiles all around :)
No comments:
Post a Comment