Friday, February 17, 2012

Bookworms

We read many books everyday from a variety of levels but the chapter books are a recent addition. The 5 yr. old kiddo has discovered the joy of reading books with multiple chapters (I read them to him). The anticipation of stopping and waiting until the next day to keep reading, or staying up late to finish a good book, is fun to share. Plus I get to re-read some of my favourite childhood books. These 4 are recent faves. What are you reading? Any suggestions for young readers?









3 comments:

  1. Hey ... I always loved this illustrator and the stories using his illustrations rock too.

    http://www.google.ca/search?q=mark+teague&hl=en&prmd=imvnsbo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=GDlET9DaGIixiQL-j7XqDg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CA8Q_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1079

    Here's a link to a google image search. All of the books pictured there are good. I miss going to the library and just looking through the kids section. So much good stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved all of these writers growing up so much. i know the eloise books look kind of "girly" and are not a super advanced reading level, but they are SO fun. do you know eloise? by Kay Thompson. Also, The Rats of Nimh is a great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Hilary, will definitely check those out!

      Delete